If you are dreaming of a career in technology or IT, FinTech, or other tech-related industries, congratulations! You have chosen a great field, and the future looks bright for FinTech and IT jobs. To properly plan for this potentially lucrative and groundbreaking field, you may want to know which schools are considered the best technology colleges. Check them out below!
Top Technology Colleges
Below is a short list of the five top technology colleges, according to Niche.com.
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Brigham Young University
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- New York University
- Cornell University
If your goal is to break into the tech industry, attending one of these colleges will surely set you up for a great future in technology. Start by comparing these schools, and any others you might be interested in, to see which looks like the best fit for you.
Like all schools, they can come with a hefty price tag. It’s never too early to start figuring out how you’re going to pay for college. When considering which school you want to attend, consider the following factors:
- What you can reasonably afford to borrow and pay back (ideally within a ten-year time frame after graduating).
- The benefits of getting the degree, not necessarily the name of the school.
- Consider what you plan to do with your education once you have graduated.
- Look at the current salaries for your chosen field, so you can make sure you won’t be borrowing more money than you can afford to repay on a starting salary in that industry.
It’s easy to get carried away when you’re looking at colleges, but don’t get in over your head. Attending a well-known school is great, but is it worth it if the price tag impacts your quality after graduation? It’s important to weigh all of these factors before you select your college, so you can focus on landing that dream job after!