CREDIT CARDS FOR COLLEGE STUDENTS ARE A GREAT WAY TO BUILD CREDIT AND LEARN STRONG MONEY MANAGEMENT SKILLS IN COLLEGE.
Getting a credit card in college is a great way to start building credit and establish healthy money habits early on. If you think you won’t be able to get a credit card without credit, think again! Many companies have begun offering credit cards for college students to help establish credit.
In addition to getting started building credit, some of the advantages to getting a student credit card include:
- You have a backup plan for emergencies
- You can start learning healthy financial skills and habits
- You can earn cash back and rewards, which can help you save money
As the FinTech revolution continues to grow and evolve, starting to build credit early on is as important as it’s ever been. Not only does having credit make daily purchases easier, but it also helps you to:
- Qualify for better interest rates and terms on student loans
- Get an apartment
- Qualify for auto loans or a mortgage, and give you better terms
Here, we break down everything you need to know about student credit cards. We’ll cover everything from why you should get one, what one can do for your future, and how to get one. Plus, we also give our insider tips for the best credit cards for college students out there right now, and how to use them so you get the most out of it!
We’ll walk you through every step below. Let’s dive right on in!